NEWINGTON FREE CHURCH
We are an independent evangelical church located in Newington, Ramsgate. We welcome believers who want to grow in their faith, and non-believers who want to find out more about Christianity.
We meet every Sunday, 10:15-11:45 and 6:30-7:45, to pray, sing, and learn together from the Bible. Our services combine traditional and contemporary forms of worship. Communion is open to all Christians, whatever their church background.
On the first Sunday of each month we have an all-age service, which is shorter and more interactive.
We also have weekly prayer meetings, monthly coffee mornings and other social events.
Our church garden, which is part of the Quiet Garden movement, is available for quiet reflection and prayer (see below).
SERVICES IN FEBRUARY
Sunday mornings (10:15 - 11:45 am)
4 February: A sick woman and a dead girl (Mark 5:21-43) (All-age service)
11 February: The mission spreads (Mark 6:1-12)
18 February: The king's banquet (Mark 6:30-44)
25 February: What does it mean to be clean? (Mark 7:1-23)
Sunday evenings (6:30 - 7.30 pm)
4 February: Communion
11 February: Prayer, praise and bible study
18 February: Copperfields (4:30)
25 February: Prayer, praise and bible study
Our prayer garden is part of the Quiet Garden Movement, and is open to anyone seeking a place to rest, reflect, read or pray. Please phone first to check that it is open: 07866 551396.
To watch a slideshow of the garden, click on the arrows or the buttons under the photos.
For the story of the garden and more pictures, visit: https://quietgarden.org/gardens/newington-prayer-garden
NEWINGTON FREE CHURCH 60TH ANNIVERSARY
On 24 July 2022, we celebrated sixty years since the building was opened.
Members shared memories of the early years of the church and of how God has blessed them here. We wrote these down and put them, along with other items, in a time capsule, which we then buried under the praying hands in the prayer garden.
And of course we had a gorgeous cake!
Coming together as a community strengthens and guides us in our daily life. Come and join us!
HOUSE OF PRAYER
We meet every Tuesday morning from 10.00 to 11.00 to pray for our church, our community, our nation and our world.
An opportunity to chat, enjoy great cake and raise money for excellent projects. First Wednesday of each month.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20)
As part of God's worldwide church, we gladly affirm the faith expressed in the Apostles' Creed and the Nicene Creed.
As an independent evangelical Baptist church, we also have our own statement of faith, which you can read below.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in the deity, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and the personal return in glory, of the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. We believe in the present work of the Holy Spirit in the conversion of sinners, His indwelling for holiness of life and empowering for witness, and the daily renewal of believers, and his enabling in the ministry of the Church.
4. We believe that all men have sinned and are guilty before God, and that salvation and eternal life are only by the grace of God, through repentance for sin and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. We believe the Bible to be verbally inspired, the only infallible word of God and our final authority in all matters of belief and practice.
6. We believe in the priesthood of all believers, and their spiritual unity in our Lord Jesus Christ.